Please read carefully and contact our DPO at the Inspiring Leadership Foundation (ILT) if you have further questions via email at: [email protected]
- ILT charity and its affiliated entities – Inspiring Leadership International Ltd, Inspiring Leadership Academy and our partners – take the protection of their clients’ (exhibitors, attendees, visitors, readers, advertisers, members, partners, prospects, delegates etc.) personal information very seriously. Therefore, the personal data is kept in a secure way and treated with the utmost care. This is also true for the personal data concerning suppliers, other stakeholders and any parties in contact with us.
1.2 While processing your personal data, ILI and its affiliated entities respect your right to privacy and will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws, which include the Data Protection Act 2018 (“GDPR”) and the national protection laws.
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
2.1 Your personal data is processed by the following responsible: Inspiring Leadership International Ltd and affiliated entities with address at 53 London House, 172 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HU.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data means any information relating to a person who can be identified either directly or indirectly; it may include name, address, email, phone number, credit / debit card number, IP address, location data, gender, date of birth (“Personal Data”).
TO WHOM IS THIS POLICY ADDRESSED?
The Policy applies to the following categories of data subjects whose Personal Data is processed by us:
- Charity beneficiaries and delegates for our Academies
- Partner organisations working with us to support beneficiaries of the charity.
- Speakers, facilitators and hosts of events (including, but not limited to, exhibitions and trade shows, conferences and training (any “Events”);
- Visitors and potential future visitors of the Events;
- Volunteers, businesses and charity partners;
- Legal entities or people subscribed and enrolled to any of the Events developed.
- Subscribers to, readers, advertisers and prospects of our website, magazine, newsletters, online directories and mobile applications (learning systems)
- Press and public relations contacts
- Visitors of our digital platforms and persons who contact us for information
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Generally, information is collected as follows:
- When people apply to attend our Inspiring Futures or Inspiring Leadership International academies as partners, partners, or volunteers
- When people wish to attend related and advertised masterclasses, conventions, conferences, or similar events will register for those events online or by telephone.
- When people apply as a member to our ongoing online digital learning and communications platforms
- When people or organisations apply to volunteer for the charity.
- When partners make referrals to our programmes
During the process of that registration, you share with us personal information about yourself which generally includes contact information, demographics pertaining to your trade or profession, and payment information. In addition, we collect association organisation to which you belong or are referred by. When applying for academies, we gather additional data to support our understanding of personal development needs, support requirements and aspirations.
It is ILT policy not to accept or store personally identifiable information from children under 16 years of age without parental / guardian / partner consent or sensible information stipulated in the applicable personal data regulations.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Our registration technologies (website/APP/social media/Community groups) are somewhat different depending on requirements, but we typically collect your contact information required to support our working together. Additionally, we collect what is known as “demographic” information. Demographics vary widely, but in general, consist of information useful to helping us support you on your experience with the ILT and our affiliated partners.
- Name and surname
- Your role (work / education)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Credentials for certain industries
- Whether you are able to purchase on behalf of your employer
- Academy, product, support or volunteering areas of interest to you
- Development needs
- Age, Date of Birth and affiliated people or organisations are also applicable for individuals applying for our Inspiring Futures Academy
- Contact information for guardians/parents/multi-agency support
We also collect payment information to process payments, but we do not store credit card numbers or any kind of personal financial information.
We will keep details for no more than 2 years after your time volunteering with us or attending our academy programmes.
HOW ILT USES YOUR DATA?
We use the information we collect from you when you apply for our programmes, register, make a purchase, respond to a survey or marketing communication, access our technologies, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- E-mail advance notice of and/or invitation to events
- Send e-mail to confirm your registration / application
- Send mail to provide welcome packs, support or celebrations of achievements
- Personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of programmes, support and product offerings that meet your needs and aspirations
- Generate certificates of attendance, credentials, etc. as may be applicable for your programmes
- Track attendance to event courses or sessions, where applicable
- Ask for ratings and reviews of services, experiences and programmes
- Administer a survey or other site feature
Follow up with you via correspondence (mail, e-mail and / or phone inquiries) Allow us to improve the services that the ILT provides by answering requests. You are free to discontinue participating the scheme at any time by notifying the ILT in writing via: [email protected]
HOW ILT AND AFFILIATED PARTNERS MAY SHARE YOUR DATA
We use data as part of broader discussions for development planning, reporting and thematical research to support insights for the ILT and affiliated partners directly involved in the programmes to maintain a standard of excellence and improve our services delivery. Any transfer of information will be by secure means.
Data sharing is contained within the affiliated entities and any supporting bodies (parents / guardians / 3rd parties / mentors that provide you support) that you have already agreed to and highlighted in application forms. ILT and affiliated entities do not share your data with any other parties unless legally required to do so and / or there is a concern for the safety and wellbeing of those involved.
There are circumstances where we wish or are compelled to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed in clause 10 below.
These scenarios include disclosure:
- To co-organising affiliated entities only, for the same purposes as referred to in paragraph 10
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent; These companies may use your Personal Data only within the strict limits of instructions that we give them and in compliance with this Policy. They are subject to significant confidentiality and security obligations related to Personal Data;
- To public authorities or other third parties where we are required by law to do so or in the context of legal procedure.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUND FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes and based upon the following legal grounds, in accordance with applicable law:
With your consent (article 6 (1)(a) GDPR), for, including but not limited to, the following purposes:
To handle your request when you send an enquiry via our Website, Email or call centre;
To handle your participation in academies, events and other programmes;
To send you newsletters, magazines or direct marketing communications based on your implicit consent if you are an existing volunteer / partner / service user and we have received your e-mail address from you.
To perform entry and ticket management and to perform visitor management;
To invite you to and follow-up on events or perform surveys;
To inform you of ILT and affiliated entities upcoming Events, programmes and services;
To centralise, combine and enhance your Personal Data with useful information obtained from affiliated entities;
To optimise our services to enhance your experiences and opportunities
To optimise the management and the quality of our digital marketing and services;
To measure our performance;
To use within aggregated or anonymised models in order to establish demographic and community related challenges, market analyses, for financial management, marketing or reporting or for performing big data analytics or any other type of analytics;
To monitor the quality of our customer service and train our support teams;
To promote our Events and venues; and
To prevent and combat fraud, crimes and possible violations.
In the cases referred to above, we always strive for maintaining a fair balance between the need to process your Personal Data and the preservation of your rights and freedoms, including the respect for your privacy.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data at any time where your consent is the legal ground for the processing of your Personal Data.
We may automatically collect statistics about your visit. This information identifies you personally about your visit to our platforms (digital learning, events and programmes).
We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, which pages people visit, from which domains our visitors come, and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit for aggregation purposes, as well as tracking the most visited sections, documents downloaded, rate of streaming visualisation, among other functions available on the platform/website. We do not to track what specific individuals are doing on our sites. We do this for many reasons, including the following:
- To recognise new visitors to our websites.
To recognise past visitors.
3. To improve your website experience, optimise the experience, and provide site and service enhancements
4. So that we can better understand our audience and their respective interests.
We recognise that all personal information you submit to ILT and affiliated entities belongs to you, and that we use your data only with your permission. As a result, you have the following specific rights:
Informed: We will tell you exactly how we use your data in clear, plain language.
Consent: will not store or use your data without your consent.
Access and Portability: View and download the personal data ILT may store.
Modification: Request changes or updates to any personal data ILT stores.
Erasure: Request that ILT purge all personal identifying information at any time.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
By communicating your Personal Data to us, you acknowledge that we may transfer your Personal Data to agreed affiliated partners or subcontractors (e.g. event platform provider). In this case, the processing of your Personal Data will be protected in conformity with the requirements of applicable law and this Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a data subject, you can exercise the following rights in relation to your personal data.
- To exercise these rights, please contact our local Privacy Officer, either by mail or by email at the addresses provided, enclosing a copy of your identity card, passport or other valid means of identification and your specific request.
- Right to access. You may, where permitted by applicable law, request to obtain information whether we process your Personal Data and, where applicable, have access to them.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete Personal Data free of charge.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by applicable law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your Personal Data is essential.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your Personal Data and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping your Personal Data, such as, a legal obligation that we have to comply with, or if retention is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. You have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority in case you consider we process your Personal Data unlawfully.
- Unsubscribing from ILT (Right to object)
Please contact our DPO at the ILT via email at: [email protected]
Due to the importance we grant to privacy and data protection, we do everything we can to safeguard your Personal Data from any misuse. Our employees are trained to correctly deal with Personal Data. Your Personal Data is hosted in secured environments, which are not accessible to the general public. Our computer facilities are equipped with back-up, filtering and firewall systems, conforming to the adequate industry security standards. Access to your Personal Data is solely granted to those persons who are so authorised for the performance of their duties.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, social media sites, APPs and digital systems even if you accessed the third-party website using links from our platforms. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Policy without notice to you and if we do so we will post the changes on this page. It is your responsibility to check the Policy every time you submit information to us or place an order.