- St Ninians High School, Griffnock, G46 6UG
- 31st October 2023
We are currently recruiting for a Catering Assistant based at St Ninians High School, Griffnock, G46 6UG
Pay rate: £10.90 per hour
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 1.30pm, based on 16 hours per week
To carry out cleaning and catering duties in accordance with the contract specific standards, under direction of the Soft Services Manager, Cleaning Supervisor, Catering Manager or their deputy. To carry out cleaning and duties in accordance with safe working practices and work as an effective member of the team, with limited disruption to the client.
- Basic preparation of food and beverages, e.g. vegetables and snacks
- Simple cooking e.g. reconstruction of prepared food.
- Serving of meals to customers, temperature recording and sampling of foods as documented.
- Maintain a high standard of kitchen hygiene and safety. This includes appropriate storage of all foods within the kitchen environment; recording of temperatures as documented is essential.
- General kitchen and restaurant duties, e.g. washing of crockery, cutlery and equipment; setting up and clearing away food and equipment, cleaning of kitchen, its surrounds and equipment.
- Operation of tills and money handling and cashing up.
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene in accordance with the Food Safety Act and any other relevant legislation.
- To ensure compliance concerning regulations relating to Health and Safety in the workplace to self and others.
- To participate in the provision of a cost effective, value for money Catering Service.
- Any other reasonable and appropriate duties as directed by line manager or supervisor
- Attend recognised training in relation to Food Safety, Nutrition and Health and safety.
- Previous experience of a similar role would be beneficial
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Customer service skills
- Flexible and positive approach to team working
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to use cleaning machinery in a safe manner
- Operation of tills and money handling and cashing up
- Understanding of health and safety issues in a Kitchen
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation would be beneficial
Benefits and Perks
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays + 1 additional day as a thank you (enjoy it, it’s on us)
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Life cover 4 x your salary
- LifeWorks employee assistance and wellness program
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to work and Techscheme
- Holiday purchase scheme of additional 5 days per year
- Offers and discount scheme designed to save money on everyday shopping and essentials.