- Leycroft Academy , Gressel Lane, Birmingham
- 31st October 2023
At Bellrock, we harness technology to give our customers an experience that not only leaves them with advanced building systems, but with peace of mind, and we unlock that by being technology-led but people-driven. When you’re part of Bellrock, you’ll get everything you need to be your best at work – because our people are the heart of our business and we’re all about helping them to shine
We believe every role is essential to providing that peace of mind for our customers – whatever part of the business you’re in – every role plays a part in driving us further and everyone can be the change. That’s how we deliver value for our customers, and building systems that lead the way.
What does it take?
If you’re ready to be the energy that helps us build our business, share our success, and really own it as a Assistant Site Manager you’ll need…
• Carrying out cleaning, handyperson activities, routine maintenance and refurbishment, porterage, and minor repairs
• Promoting health and safety around the school
• All other aspects of site management, such as supervising external contractors, and site use and development planning
To ensure a clean, safe, secure, and pleasant environment for users of the school buildings and grounds
• Responsible for the opening and closing of the building and its grounds.
• Be responsible for the efficient and effective running of the site including the management of any contractors attending the site.
• To support building projects within agreed tolerances as set by the Trust, i.e., obtaining quotations, determining timing of work and costs within agreed parameters.
• To liaise with users of the building as appropriate to facilitate additional or non-standard usage of the building, outside usual educational hours (e.g., hirers, community services department and contractor’s representatives).
• Lock and unlock the premises as required, including out-of-school hours when necessary.
• Maintain the security of the school premises as the main key holder.
• Check at the end of the day that all windows, doors, and gates are locked, lights switched off, and gas and electrical appliances are turned off.
• Set security alarm systems, report any potential security breaches, and respond to any alarms or other callouts following agreed procedures.
• Carry out regular checks of CCTV and alarm systems, locks, fire safety appliances, security gates and perimeter fencing, and ensure any necessary repairs are carried out.
• Advise the Account Manager / FET / Headteacher on all matters relating to school security and safety. representatives).
• Be responsible for site compliance, e.g., fire and intruder alarm testing, emergency light testing, call points, legionella flushing, etc.
• Be responsible for all contractors to have full access to the site with regards to the Statutory Testing of any specialist equipment
• Be responsible for the estates fabric and equipment to ensure safe use, including repair where possible, e.g., window blinds, door handles, toilet flushes and other wear and tear.
• Ensure that the appropriate materials and equipment on the site are available and ensuring the equipment receives correct repair and maintenance.
• Ensure that areas requiring repair are not a source of danger to the occupants or affect the security of the building with due observance of Health and Safety at Work requirements.
• Ensuring that the disposal of all waste, is done in the correct and appropriate manner.
• Responsible for Keeping drain grids clean and free from debris and other litter daily.
• Responsible for the Operation of heating plant and reporting any obvious deficiencies in the heating system as a matter of urgency.
• Working with the Facilities Contract Account Manager to identify and schedule repairs / maintenance where required for specialist works identifying these where external contractors are needed to undertake the works.
• Carry out minor repairs and maintenance to the buildings/grounds which are within the post holder’s capability. This excludes major building works.
• Plan for specialist repairs and maintenance in liaison with the Trust Director of Operations and within delegated budget.
• Carry out general porterage duties for the establishment, within health and safety guidelines.
• Responsible for all areas of the school to be kept clean and free from clutter.
• Make main pathways safe after snow/frost by cleaning/salting as appropriate.
• Undertake cleaning duties when cleaners are not on site, to maintain a Health and Safety standard for a safe and pleasant environment, including the cleaning away of bodily fluids using appropriate methods throughout the school day.
• To ensure adherence to the standards of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
• Responsible for ensuring that all work carried out by themselves or those they supervise as set out in this job description, is completed with due observance to appropriate Health and Safety at Work requirements.
• To be responsible for the management of health and safety regarding premises and to keep a log of safety issues including maintenance of the fire and asbestos log.
• To liaise with the Trust and Headteacher regularly regarding issues of Health and Safety, ongoing repairs and maintenance and building projects.
• Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
• To set an example of personal integrity and professionalism
• Carry out your duties with full regard to the Trust’s published employment policies.
• Comply with health and safety policies, organisational statements, and procedures, undertake to report any incidents/accidents/hazards and to take a proactive approach to health and safety matters to protect both yourself and others.
• Contribute to the overall aims and ethos of the Trust and establish constructive relationships with the Trust’s schools.
• Always promote the Trust’s co-operative ethical values
• Any other duties as commensurate with the post.
Professional Development in Health and Safety.
Experience of working within a school site team environment
Excellent knowledge of health and safety regulations
Experience in a Building Management System.
Experienced in developing work schedules and programs for general maintenance of a school site.
Experience of general repairs and maintenance in a school setting.
A clear enhanced DBS
Commitment to promoting the ethos and values of the school and getting the best outcomes for all our pupils.
• Commitment to acting with integrity, honesty, loyalty, and fairness to safeguard the assets, financial probity, and reputation of the school.
• Ability to work under pressure and priorities effectively.
• Commitment to always maintaining confidentiality.
• Commitment to safeguarding and equality.
• Deals with difficult situations effectively.
• Able to work flexibly and out of school hours as required.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Computer Literate
• Ability to work flexibly, independently and as part of a team.
Benefits and Perks
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + 1 additional day as a thank you (enjoy it, it’s on us) Life cover
- LifeWorks employee assistance and wellness program
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to work and Techscheme
- Holiday purchase scheme of additional 5 days per year
- Committed to paying real living wage
- Offers and discount scheme designed to save money on everyday shopping and essentials.